“1. The boy who takes your virginity is only going to love you long enough for you to stay in his bed.
2. Your first job is never the best job. But you’ll meet some of your best friends there.
3. Sometimes things don’t go the way you expect them to at all.
4. People are usually never who they say they are.
5. If you love someone, you need to tell them. Nobody is good at the guessing game.
6. If your best friends don’t like the boy you’re involving yourself with, chances are he’s bad news.
7. If a boy starts an invitation with, “Are you home alone”/”I’ll be home alone”, say no. You are a human being, not a toy to be played with.
8. If some boy invites you to “the backseat of his truck”, he’s a piece of shit. Tell him to fuck himself.
9. “Sorry” doesn’t always fix what you messed up.
10. Stop wasting time wishing you could take back what you already did.
11. You are at fault sometimes.
12. There’s going to be a boy that you let get away. Yes, you loved him. It’s for the best, though.
13. Toxic people hardly ever start off toxic.
14. It’s always nice to make new friends, but never forget who your real friends are.
15. Never lose the friends that would answer their phone at 3am if you called
16. Never lose sight of who you are because of a boy.”—16 Things I Learned While Being 16 (via dizzyhemmings)
my father told me once to never date anyone who talks smoothly around you from the start because if someone likes you they should be a little nervous and honestly i think that’s some of the best advice anyone has ever given me
A 14 year-old boy was recently raped at knife-point by a 20 year-old woman. When the story broke, it was primarily men who claimed he should have enjoyed it. It was feminists who validated his pain and spoke in support of him.